Friday 27 April 2012

Colouring in

Colouring in is terrifying to me.
Colouring with layers of tissue paper, or fabric or thread I can handle, but paints, pens and pencils? No way!
All my drawings so far have been in black/grey pencil or pen. If I'm to progress with my drawing though, I really need to get to grips with colour, so over the past couple of days I've forced myself to colour things in.
I'm starting with some nice colouring pencils, to ease myself into it. Paint is the next step I suppose, but that is too much for the moment.
So I've gone from this -

to this - 



I've got a long way to go before I'm confident in using colour, but I'm on my way there.

3 comments:

Betsypetsy said...

Beautiful colors!

Catherine McAtier said...

Your colours are gorgeous - sometimes we are our own worst critics - your already there.

Robyn said...

thankyou! I am so very critical of my work, but hopefully that means I keep getting better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails